Win a Trip to Thailand
Valued at $1700
THIS COMPETITION IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS THAT HAVE COMPLETED A FULL WEEKEND WORKSHOP IN 2018 THROUGH TVN WORKSHOPS. TO BOOK A WEEKEND WORKSHOP, PLEASE GO TO THE HOME PAGE AND NAVIGATE TO WORKSHOPS. THOSE THAT ENTER THIS COMPETITION AND HAVE NOT COMPLETED A WEEKEND WORKSHOP THROUGH TVN WORKSHOPS WILL HAVE THEIR ENTRY FORM DELETED.
Is your dream to work in a Veterinary Clinic abroad? Would you love to treat wild animals such as elephants, bears, macaques, gibbons and more as well as our domestic friends such as dogs and cats? Would you love to be trained with Thailands most in demand Veterinary Surgeons?
Trainee Veterinary Nurse Workshops is giving one lucky student the chance of a lifetime.
Trainee Veterinary Nurse Workshops is sending one lucky student overseas to be trained in one of Thailands best vet clinics
for 7 days.
The Trainee Veterinary Nurse Workshops along with The Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand have joined forces to create a magical and exciting opportunity that is only available for students that have undertaken the TVN Practical Weekend Workshops.
There can only be one winner. Is that winner you?!
About the Wildlife Hospital
The Wildlife Hospital is the first ever wildlife hospital in Thailand, constructed in 2005. The hospital treats hundreds of wild animals each year, including domestic pets and livestock.
The hospital serves three main purposes:
1) To undertake rescue operations of neglected and abused wildlife all over Thailand, and to provide emergency medical treatment, and long-term care and rehabilitation.
2) To provide life long veterinary care for animals that cannot be returned to the wild.
3) To provide health care to locally situated pets and animals as a goodwill mission to help the local community.
What you will do
There will be many things you will be doing in 7 days! For example:
* Medicating and treating wildlife in the hospital as well as from the wild, elephants, bears, primates, reptiles, birds, deer, livestock as well as domestic animals that need care and treatment.
* Assisting in surgery
* Assisting with treatments
* Learning to restrain wildlife
* Learning about the different species are at the hospital and their health care, nutritional needs and behaviour
* Monitoring in-patients
* Help with enrichment for the animals
* Handling a busy case load
* Rescuing animals in need and distress
* Networking with international veterinary staff
* Using a full surgical suite with inhalant anaesthetic, ultrasound, pulse ox, fluid pump, autoclave, microscope and lab services.
You will stay in a European style, concrete and brick bungalow with another nurse/volunteer. Fresh linen is provided during your stay. Your room may have an ensuite bathroom (depending on availability) otherwise there are the communal bathrooms and showers. Your room will have an electrical outlet to charge your phone. Make sure you bring an international adaptor. There is a main house where many of the volunteers and nurses socialise after a day's work.
Your meals will be provided during your stay. You will prepare your own breakfast with offerings of breads, jams, milk, butter, tea, coffee and fruits. Lunch and dinner are cooked by staff at the centre and is traditional Thai and local Thai cuisine. There are vegan and vegetarian options available. Clean drinking water is also provided.
Free use of WiFi is available to check emails and social media and to contact family. Downloading is not permitted.
There is also a paid on-site laundry as well as a souvenir shop and kiosk. There is also a bar on site for alcoholic beverages.
There are many locations for you to visit in your free time. There is a temple close by, a lake and river for you to swim in and there is also a pool table for usage. There is a resort close by for massages and swimming.
In the local village, there are markets, restaurants and shops. There is also a night market, national parks and nightlife.
Health and Safety
You must be vaccinated against DTP (Diphtheria/Tetanus/Polio. If you cannot provide this certificate before departure then you are not permitted to collect the prize and the prize will become void.
Other vaccinations to consider are:
Vaccinations are administed over a 4 week period. Please keep this in mind before you confirm your preferred date to take this amazing prize.
Passport and Visa's
Your Passport needs to be valid at least 6 months prior to arrival to Thailand.
Australian Citizens do not need to obtain a Visa for up to 30 day stay in Thailand.
Non Australian Citizens will need to contact the consulate in regards to Visa's
The winner of this amazing opportunity will receive the following:
Return Economy Class Airfare to Bangkok from your capital city
7 day accommodation at the wildlife clinic only (already included in the prize)
Meals at the wildlife clinic only (already included in the prize)
A booklet outling what to bring with more indepth details
*Transfers to and from the wildlife clinic and to and from the airport
* Spending money
* Transport within Thailand
* Transport from the airport to the wildlife clinic is aproxx 2 hours. Taxi's will be organised upon your arrival to take you to the clinic. There are only 2 times available and the taxi cost one way is aproxx $50AUS
* If you want to arrive in Bangkok in advance of your clinic stay, the taxi will pick you up from your hotel room. Prior or after clinic stay is not included in the prize.
A member of TVN Academy will choose the winner. Staff at the Trainee Veterinary Nurse Workshops will not be involved with the publics choice. Students that have completed either the Practical Weekend Full Workshop are the only students that are eligible to apply. This prize is not redeemable for cash. Competition opens February 1st 2018 and closes midnight December 4th 2018. Winner will be announced via phone between December 4th to December 8th, 2018. Entrants must be over the age of 18 years to enter. This prize is valid up until April 2019.
HOW TO ENTER
Fill Out the Form Below
or copy and paste form and email it to